Yarn Kits Save You Money
Doctor Who Style Season 12 Garter Stitch Wool Scarf Yarn and Pattern Kit
7 Colors ~ 18 Skeins of Nature Spun Sport Weight Yarn by Brown Sheep Company, Inc
Knit the 15 Foot Replica Style of the Scarf Worn by Tom Baker beginning on "Robot" ~ part of a Science Fiction TV Series as a Fan Based Scarf
Or with same kit, knit 2 colorful 7.5 foot scarves or 3 striped 5 foot scarves
Instructions for ALL SIX Versions are included with kit
This Scarf or Scarves make Great Gifts
The Kit Itself, is a Great Gift for any Beginning Knitter and lots of fun to knit for any Knitter
I've even had crocheter's use this yarn kit and follow the sizing directions of each stripe to crochet the scarf / scarves.
This yarn kit was originally put together to teach Basic Knitting Techniques for Hand and Machine Knitters for Sharon Nani's Little Knitter Program. See the detailed step by step knit photo instructions for making the slip knot, casting on, knitting the garter stitch, binding off, finishing techniques of weaving in yarn ends, making tassels, steaming and hand pressing. These detailed instructions for basic Hand and machine knitting can be applied to any project and can be found on The Knit Tree's main web page in the Article: "Learn To Knit by Hand or Machine ~ Doctor Who Style Season 12 Scarf Replica Knit for Charity Challenge"
Click Here is see the article and follow all the links under Instructions to see the Basic Knitting Techniques ~ Read the whole article to follow the whole knitting experience of The Little Knitters and encourage Little Knitters of your own!
THIS YARN KIT CONTAINS
- 18 Skeins of Nature Spun ~ 185 yd skein ~ 100% Wool ~ Permanently Mothproofed
- Regular price: $4.00 a skein Yarn Value: $72.
- Colors: (in sport weight)
- 308 "Sunburst Gold" (Yellow) ~ 2 skeins
- N94 "Bev's Bear" (Brown) ~ 2 skeins
- 880 "Charcoal" (Gray) ~ 3 skeins
- 720 "Ash" (Tan) ~ 4 skeins
- N46 "Red Fox " (Red) ~ 2 skeins
- N18 "Plum Line " (Purple) ~ 2 skeins
- 522 "Nervous Green" (Green) ~ 3 skeins
- Hand or Machine Knitting Pattern for knitting a replica of the Doctor Who Style Season 12 Garter Stitch Scarf
- Three Colored Chart Spread Sheets giving the measurements in inches and centimeters of each stripe along with Row counts for machine knitters for all Six Versions of Scarf Lengths.
NOT INCLUDED: The Hand Knitting Needles. The recommended knitting size needles are 5 to 7, The sample scarf pictured was hand knit with Needle 6 to obtain a stitch gauge of 6 stitches per inch.
Little Knitters are in the process of knitting a sample on the Passap Knitting Machine with Transfer Carriage U80/U100/U100E using Tension 7.75
This yarn kit gives a beginning knitter the opportunity to knit with high quality yarn and a fun colorful project for any age! Print out the step by step instructions for the basic knitting techniques which are on The Knit Trees article page. The scarf pattern includes directions to knit the scarf - NOT the step by step technique instructions - these are availble for free by following the article links
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: be sure to select the correct shipping method: Canada and Mexico would be the medium flat rate box priority. all other countries it is less expensive to select priority mail for the shipping weight, approx. $35.
|Select Knitting Instructions: